Sunday, August 17, 2014

Small Decisions

I called this.

The last one is impossible for us to follow, but I definitely see it.

This review both made me not want to see Let's Be Cops and made me wonder whether I'll ever get certain aspects of black culture.

This is the other major news story going on.  My decision to stop paying attention for a while appears to have been the right one.

Responses to "the return of the bunny":

1. Insert wistful feelings here.

2. How is that working out?

3. It's because, if they didn't, then Asian-American activists would cry foul.

4. Maybe the issue is also the notion of indulging.  Kids don't overeat as much when food is in relatively good supply and there isn't a reward system built in (e.g. if you do your homework, you can have ice cream).  Perhaps people would overeat less (and thus feel guilty less) if we thought about food differently.

R2R#1:

4. I thought you would say something about this one... I picked it because of something you said.

5. The issue is less people engaging in free-market transactions (to which I have no objection) and more whether the ideas that motivate these transactions are worthwhile for society to have.

R2R#2:

6. Do you have any thoughts, though?

Responses to "the bunny strikes back":

1. My apartment could use some heavy duty disinfectants.

2. The one I wonder about is ketchup.  For a lot of people, Heinz is special and distinct, and when I've had homemade ketchup in various restaurants, while it is often good, it is always different.  The rest are definitely better homemade, though also more susceptible to spoilage.  Is the hot sauce supposed to be like sriracha?

3. These are both psychiatrists.  I'd prefer to start with a regular therapist before we get the actual doctors involved.  Are there any of those around?

4. The first question strikes me as somewhat difficult but rather telling.  I could take or leave some of the others.  I'd be curious to see how people handle the tipping question because it strikes me as too easy, but maybe people just aren't generally good at math.

5. Planks are very good for you.

6. Was this a burning question for you?

B

No comments:

Post a Comment