Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Trying Something New

Now we know why so many nail salons are run by Vietnamese people.

This is an interesting analogy that would (if properly considered) diffuse a bit of the racially charged discussion surrounding places like Baltimore (or Ferguson).

Almost!

Erik Wemple's commentary on the Pam Geller stuff sums up my view of how this is being covered.  I think there is a such thing as responsible speech, but there is rarely such a thing as responsible shooting of other people who say something you don't like, and for some reason people are almost trying to rationalize violence in the name of Islam.

Whole Foods is trying something new to cater to millennials.  Eye rolls at that idea notwithstanding, I'm curious to see what they end up doing.

Leave it to The Atlantic to come up with an interesting take on Kim Kardashian.

Perhaps there is still room for the standalone camera after all.

Responses:

1. I like the first one.  Maybe we'll do some steaks with it when I come to visit!

2. I love all the lists you send me, but I feel bad because there are so many great ideas and I never remember them!  I will remember the buttermilk hack for the cinnamon rolls, though.

3. Oooh...

4. Coming home and having fresh cookies after that first meal home sounds amazing.  That said, that first meal is probably going to be delivery, as I can cook that from the couch. :)

5. They have the cables at my gym, though they're just next to the punching bag.  It's cool that you're going back for more.

6. That's kinda intense.  But I'd watch.

R2R:

2. Hot chicken sounds delicious!

B

No comments:

Post a Comment