Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Other Voices

If soccer is here to stay in the U.S., it may be because of the ladies rather than the guys.

Because apparently it's necessary: let's hear from the passengers who were in the Metro car where the man was stabbed to death.  Here is more coverage.

Easy federal aid money leads to more expensive college, not more affordable college.

This is the article about social justice bullies I mentioned.

If only so one of us remembers to make this...

And because we're supposed to be lawyers or something, here is a paean to the jurisprudence of Justice Thomas.

Obviously these things are great for the kids, but 1) good job John Cena for doing so many, and 2) that medical technician who performed the ultrasound should be fired and possibly beaten.

R.I.P. Bandolero.

Responses:

1. Obviously adorable.

2. It's getting a little dusty in here...

3. I can't say for certain because the company that owns my old apartment building owns other buildings and might use the same design concepts and finishes there, but I would be willing to bet (a small sum of) money that that's my old building.  I recognize the pictures from when I was looking at apartments in that building.

4. Thank you! :)

5. "[I]t's only ENFPs (and mentally unstable people) who get a wide range of scores." :P

6. Agreed.  Not sure I could live there, but I could definitely have a friend who lived there and go to all his parties.  Or maybe as a hotel?

7. I really liked the NSA one and the last one.

8. What a great coincidence.

9. It's okay!  All is forgiven!

10. I don't really have a bucket list, though I've always wanted to go to Alaska and Tierra del Fuego.  Also, how has Eric Ripert been to Bhutan but not Thailand?

11. Safe haven from what?  Also, this whole to-do is nonsense.  Instagram isn't body-shaming anyone, or else it would ban pictures of fat people.

12. Dinner party!

R2R:

5. It was definitely not this bad at my high school.  But I imagine the pressure to get into an amazing school is high at schools like TJ.  That said, hoarding acceptances is idiotic.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment