Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sorry I'm not sorry.

Here's the article I mentioned.  I love my chair, so I agree with that one, but other than those, it's a tie between toilet paper and razors for the ones I most agree with.  You know how I feel about toilet paper, though I think you took it as a personal affront when I told you to take your cheap crap someplace else.  Sorry I'm not sorry. :P

I'm trying to decide how I feel about this.  Part of me wants to be outraged, but I already disliked Paula Deen for being a waste of space, so it doesn't work.  I also want to laugh, but I don't want to encourage you to think that racism is funny.  That said, her tone is definitely, "Sorry I'm not sorry."

Is this sexist?  This is a spin-off of the long-running series "Is This Racist?"  For the pilot, you get nine scenarios.

Would you live on this block?  She definitely says "sorry I'm not sorry" to the criminal scum she blows away.

The founder, chairman, and face of Men's Wearhouse has been canned.  The Board: "sorry we're not sorry."

Responses:

1. The doodle I made during my conference call this morning was more impressive than Rosslyn's art.  Why do fake and/or failing cities think that a bunch of art that could be confused with abandoned property (which is I guess how I define experimental art) is going to attract people?  I'm open-minded about art, but it's going to take all of the art for me to go to Flint...

2. I sorta do.  I guess we talked about this a little, but to finish the thought, while there are civil libertarians who will cry foul, many Americans take the position, "I'm not doing anything wrong, so I have nothing to hide."  If you don't believe me, consider the fact that the super-invasive scanners at the airport aren't even controversial anymore.

5. I agree with all of those.

8. I actually had a fair amount of bourbon on National Bourbon Day.

Responses to responses:

2. The joke was that Dick Cheney was scowling in vindication because Dick Cheney is always scowling.

5. I think the problem is that nice-sounding programs like it are often immune from even criticism because they sound so nice and positive.  I think that such a program could be a very good way for young people to contribute to their communities, but it sounds as though many of the participants aren't really doing that.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment