Wednesday, June 26, 2013

There is really only one link you should be concerned with.

This article makes a lot of good points, but I can't help but wonder whether the editors of the Wall Street Journal held a gun to the author's head as she wrote it.  She's a Bartley Fellow with the paper, so the potential for conflict of interest is somewhere between 90 and 100%.

The people quoted in this article who don't like this idea are probably a lot like your friends who are lame don't drink.

This happened on your watch.  Jay tells me that they typically run out of doughnuts by 1 pm, but next Wednesday I fully expect for you to bring me a Boston Cream doughnut.  Here is the menu, by the way.

R:

6. No?  To the extent that I feel any pressure, it's not from my peers.  I do feel pressure to be in better shape, though.  But even that, it's like 90/10, and the 90 is from me.  Also, I don't want to look like any of those guys...

R2R:

3. I guess maybe I'm imagining a nostalgic, false world in which people didn't come up to me and launch into their business efforts.  But then I think about my little brother trying to sell air filters to my family and realize that it's not even nostalgic.  It's just completely false.

4. It's near you!  Maybe you can offer to buy me a drink after work one of these days.

R2R2R:

2. This Wimbledon thing.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment