Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Feminism and fried chicken

The breathalyzer gets revamped.

aww man I miss funny Buzzfeed. I feel a little bad that it seems like a lot of black people get wrong-numbered.

the cats are the weakest links. as always.

Not sure what the positive spin we're supposed to put on this is.

Also not sure what to think about this:

The latest Kate Spade ad is out featuring the always charming Anna Kendrick, and this time it has a very special guest star: Gloria Steinem. On top of the fact that the ad is really charming, it also has a really important message. As the ad plays out, you learn that Kendrick’s date cancels on her and she ends up dining alone—and spying on fellow lone diner, who happens to be Steinem. SPOILER ALERT: Kendrick and Steinem end up sitting together and talking about how awesome it is for women to do independent activities. “When I started out, you couldn’t go into a certain number of hotels alone if you were a female. You couldn’t be seated alone. There was something scandalous about it,” Steinem said in the video interview for Kate Spade. “Finally if you were seated alone, it was by the kitchen. So it’s actually a civil right to dine alone.” Next time you can’t find a dining buddy, just grab a book and remember that 40 years ago, you wouldn’t have had that luxury. 

Yay! Men don't give up their seats for us anymore and we can dine alone! Progress!

What say you to this or this?

Responses

1. That sounds like a really good bill, or if not, a really good conversation. It's too bad that it won't pass. Unfortunate that the article was written in the most biased way possible.

2. "on the lamb"! Hilarious! I don't know why you can't just be someone who tries to eat mostly vegetables. You can reduce your own meat consumption without being a jerk. That would probably convince other people to do the same rather than just not invite you to anything.

3. I can't believe you posted this. Grievance! Why?

4. Best comments of the first article:
Comment 1: Didn't Bernie Sanders get riled up about this last night?
Comment 2:  That was Col. Sanders..

Anyway, I can't believe you posted these 2 non-articles either. It's America! It's in our nature to make something better. Do they also find fault when Apple upgrades its phones? Or when we find better ways to do things? Why not better food, better breakfast sandwiches? Some of us eat every day and want variety.

I wonder if we should really be concerned with our media's lack of transparency over these 2 articles because they both namecheck this soon-to-open BEC place to show that it will sell $11 breakfast sandwiches. This isn't new or crazy like the $100 hamburger. That's an expensive breakfast sandwich but I doubt it's the most expensive in the city. So why have this article except that BEC has an in with Wapo and NYT?


R2R

1. Though I feel that dating stories are hilarious good fun, it seems that people are primed to be hyperbolic when discussing their dates. It's not just that he's got an undesirable seedy job - he's a sex fiend! He's not just awkward - he's a psychopath! Can't we all just not get along?

3. The crispy potato topping!

R2R2R

2. Ok I give you mind-blowing.

4. Well, maybe they thought they needed it. Perhaps they're exceptionally bad at managing their time or affairs. What say you if they ask for time for that?

R2R2R2R

4. You've really made me rethink my Yelp-ing. I mean, maybe I should just tell the manager in person on a bad visit. That would mean we could possibly eat at Stone Street Tavern again (ugh). Though I guess I would feel bad for looking complain-y or maybe they'd yell at me. Don't know how likely those would be. But then if they made me feel bad, I would definitely post a poor review and not feel bad. And I hope no one gets fired!

From now on, we're going confrontational!


No comments:

Post a Comment