Saturday, July 6, 2013

Other Things to Watch

I really liked this commercial for Playstation.

It's just not about the nail.  As much as we've talked about this, it does bear repeating, especially in humorous applications that will stay in my mind.

Even Satanists have a line they won't cross.

There aren't enough cute bunnies on this blog.

Here is the trailer for Planes.

I've told you about one of my pet peeves being people recording live events instead of just experiencing them.  Two examples:

1. At the fireworks (I was out on my bike and stopped to watch them on the Key Bridge), over half of the people around me had their smartphones out for either pictures or videos.  They watched the whole show through the image on their smartphones instead of directly.

2. I watched the ladies' Wimbledon final this morning, and Marion Bartoli won.  Her dad was in the stands.  Of course, this match and the trophy presentation is being broadcast on ESPN, BBC, and some channel in his home country of France, but he still insisted on whipping his smartphone out to record his daughter's heartfelt remarks to the world and to him upon winning.  Couldn't he just DVR the thing and look at his daughter in the face while she was celebrating her championship victory?

I don't think I'm right and everyone else is wrong (well, no more than usual), but I think I just don't understand it.  I value taking pictures and memorializing great moments or small moments or what have you, but many people today seem to have the idea that they should personally record everything, post it to the internet for all (or no one) to see, and create their identity that way.  This seems tiring to me.  But maybe I'm just old when it comes to social media.

I could always use more pictures of you, though. :)

B

No comments:

Post a Comment