Monday, March 31, 2014

On the Other Hand...

Suddenly running is less attractive as a pursuit.

I previously mentioned this article about (yet another) backlash to Susan Patton.

This is an interesting post about picking your bracket, but the most important fact it misses is that nobody does has ever won a bracket pool by doing better than only 68.3% of the participants.  (The point about investing in an index fund is worth noting, however.)

Yay intolerance to differing points of view, regardless of how civilly held!  This response just doesn't follow.

McKernan actually likes this idea (or so I surmise) because he doesn't value the role of charity (he believes that resources are allocated inefficiently compared to government).  I don't necessarily (except for my general antipathy towards tax deductions since they complicate the tax code - I'd prefer a lower rate).

In honor of the series finale of How I Met Your Mother, here's an interesting (though unsurprising) chart.  The two big surprises for me are that college isn't higher and that bar/club/restaurant is #2, though upon further reflection college necessarily limits the eligible population.

Responses:

1. I spent hours on these as a kid.  I occasionally get sucked in even now.

2. Done what?

3. I've heard of 2, 6, and 7.  I buy hummus and... that's it. :)

4. I've always thought of casseroles more like creamy pasta bakes (baked mac and cheese being the king).  Needless to say, I'm also a fan of the casserole.

5. My former summer buddy wants to get cronuts with me when she comes up for orientation in the fall.  I've heard good things.  Maybe I'll make the pilgrimage at some point when I'm on vacation.

6. I think I'd rather have a real garden.

7. I can't eat Greek yogurt anymore.  It's something with the texture... it makes me gag.  Maybe if it were mixed with stuff like these it would be better.  But I had maybe 5 things of Fage go bad on me 2 weeks ago.

8. Waiting on you. :)

9. Usually I cut people slack for stepping on toes without meaning to, but this strikes me more as the thin-skulled plaintiff problem rather than the inadvertent meanie problem.

10. I think we all know the answer to that. :P

R2R:

6. Have you read it yet?

R2R2R:

1. I erred - I have an app called FitBrains, which I think is the same idea.  But I might try Lumosity too.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment