Monday, March 24, 2014

Political Opponents

Every time I see a piece like this, I feel a little bit better about humanity.

Everyone loves an underdog (especially when March Madness comes around), but why?

Yay double standards!  The comments that some liberals made about this just boggle the mind.

It's interesting that Jason Collins doesn't feel the need to stop everything and host a panel discussion on hateful language when met with negative commentary about his sexual orientation.  His supporters on the left and in the gay activism community should take note.

There are plenty of policy reasons why I don't like Obamacare, but the team sport "silence and discredit the opposition" aspect of it is the cherry on top of a crap sundae.

Let's leave this with a good taste in our mouths.

Responses:

1. Stress eating?  But maybe the explanation is that kids do better with decisions when they understand them.

2. I'm a little behind on my resolutions...

3. I think it's attacking some of the stupid notions our generation has about working, especially in light of the fact that the kids coming behind us are going to mop the floor with us.

4. My favorite is Christopher Walken in Pulp Fiction.  Obviously.

5. It's a little bleak.  I definitely feel a sense of hopelessness in Mad Men sometimes, and this helps to explain why.

R2R:

3. The better answer is that they're treating Asians like white people (or men).  You see the same kind of "too many ___ people" language when people talk about gentrification and affirmative action.

6. I prefer the Flip Burger model.  The foie gras wasn't my problem as much as everything else happening at the same time.  The foie gras can definitely stay.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment