Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Person of the Year?

I'm not generally a fan of this because either you have to go with Captain Obvious or someone obscure (which makes you sound like a hipster), but I'd probably pick Paul Ryan.  He started talking about entitlement reform and didn't get electrocuted by what is normally the third rail of politics.  I guess I think entitlement reform is the biggest political issue right now, so I applaud his bravery (or recklessness).  Oh, and my runner-up is another Ryan... Matt Ryan. :)

It appears that someone else is not a big fan of Zero Dark Thirty.

Rob Parker apologized.  For whatever that's worth...

Eventually RGIII will be back behind center for the Redskins.  When that happens, what will that mean for Kirk Cousins?

One of the reasons I don't like watching cable news anymore is that it often sounds like an echo chamber.  They are just obviously not thinking about what they're saying (either that or the thinking is at such a low level that it barely deserves to be called that).  It gets to the point where it resembles a team sport, and I prefer that my sports be fought over things that don't matter, e.g. carrying an oval-shaped ball across a series of arbitrary lines.

As for the obesity stuff, I wish I could get on board with this latest theory re bacteria because it would be an easy explanation for the fact that we've so far appeared to be quite stupid in figuring out why people get fat and stay fat despite billions of dollars being spent on "healthier" food and exercise gimmicks, but I fear that the science still has a long way to go before we can be certain.  I would optimistically hope for 10 years, but I fear that 25 may be more realistic.

Happy hour possibilities:

1. Rock Bottom, Ballston - $1.50 drafts until 7 pm
1a. Union Jack's, Ballston - something similar, but I don't remember what
2. Brasserie Beck, downtown - half-price drafts (based on the Internet)
3. Tuscana West - free food (right?)
4. Find our favorite bar/restaurant in town and hope that they have specials

What say you?

B

No comments:

Post a Comment