Tuesday, February 19, 2013

But I still want to go on a cruise.

I thought this story was funny in light of this one.

I'd like to try this place when it opens.

You might be interested in this blog.  I am.

That said, this is one of the problems that I have found with a lot of attempts at conservative takes on pop culture, especially when engaging with pop culture is so often suggested only with a view towards combating it.

In my view, the sort of blog I would be willing to read (and even contribute to) is one that doesn't identify itself as a conservative blog per se, but rather one that engages in ideas that come from people with conservative foundational beliefs that inform their takes on various issues - similar to the Acculturated blog.  I find that liberal pop culture blogs are only subconsciously liberal, and that's part of their success.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment