Thursday, February 7, 2013

Responses!

I was getting ready to do my own post, but you've posted a lot, so here are some responses.

Starting with "post-racial or just talking 'bout race":

1. Liberals have problems with true meritocracies because true meritocracies do not recognize the unfortunate reality that large percentages of black and Latino people are going to do worse given educational and socio-economic circumstances.  One response to this problem would be to turn to underachieving black and Latino people and encourage them to become more educated so they can be competitive candidates for hire in the Silicon Valley job market.  The other response is to blame Mark Zuckerberg and discount the fact that many Asians (along with smaller numbers of blacks and Latinos) have been quite successful in Silicon Valley and that, really, people in Mark Zuckerberg's generation (read: our generation) could not care less about race.

2. Competitive intelligence sounds like fun.

3. I didn't need to read that whole thing to get the point.  Your analysis is spot on.

4. Can we finish You Just Don't Understand first?

From "fast cars, drugs and guns - oh and cities and rural areas":

1. Welcome to the Republican Party, marijuana dispensary owners.

2. Yes?

3. If Democrats complain that Republicans allegedly took advantage of the public's (erroneous) linking of Saddam Hussein to 9/11, then I think Republicans can safely complain that Democrats take advantage of the public's (erroneous) linking of short-term weather to climate change.

4. I've always liked Bruce Willis.

5. As I said before, we can add The Fast and the Furious to the top of the Netflix queue and go from there.

From "french toast":

1. I know what I want for brunch this weekend...

2. I don't buy it.

3. I'm chatting with my doctor in March about continued use of Crestor.  I'll raise it then.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment