Monday, January 28, 2013

Epic Return

This is like tearing an ACL 1/4 mile from the finish line.

I imagine you're a big fan of this.

Hah hah, I'm reading the Billfold now!  I thought this debt article was interesting.
It appears that immigration reform is coming.

Here's an article talking about the Tampa Bay Rays and their "struggles."  I put struggles in quotation marks because, even though they are having obvious trouble attracting people to the ballpark, it is highly probable that the team is profitable and highly unlikely that public funding for a new stadium is a good idea.

Apparently, women pay more for stuff than men.  I was a little bit disappointed in the hyperventilating of the article, though.  I thought much of the price discrimination could be chalked up to supply and demand (it's testable, but I'd suggest that women buy more beauty/health products), haggling (as the article states), and actually different costs (in the case of health care).  Maybe this will change (e.g. the metrosexual moment has made more men interested in good hygiene products, which will probably drive prices up), but I think a law would be impossible to implement and economically harmful.  They noted one example: employers will simply raise the health insurance premiums of everyone in the name of equality.  That doesn't sound like the right answer.

That salad was amazing.  The dressing was the best part. :)

B

No comments:

Post a Comment