Friday, January 4, 2013

names and money

because it's way better to have kids named shatiqua than not to be able to name your kid blaer

i thought eat, pray, love was terrible and couldn't finish it but whenever elizabeth warren writes about money, i like it.

not that you need convincing to get a housekeeper but because i liked this quote:  Which brings me to the best money advice I got this year, from my friend Brandon, who works at a bank and votes for Ron Paul and has a sneering tattoo of Ayn Rand across his torso (OK only the first one is true, but still): He told me, “You pay $40 a month to never stress out about cleaning your apartment. She gets a living wage, you get a clean apartment. This is how the economy works. So shut the fuck up already.”

the article we were discussing earlier - i swear, i'm not p-bomb.

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised by my reaction, but I kinda get the Icelandic law in this case. That said, I would say that an adult should be able to change his name to "Dog Poo" if he wants.

    I think you meant Elizabeth Gilbert, not Elizabeth Warren? When Elizabeth Warren writes about money, our clients get headaches and we get work. In any case, her article seems spot on and definitely reminded me of athletes who bring their 50 best friends from their neighborhood along with them when they make it big. I was actually worried that this was going to be an article about how Elizabeth Gilbert was now bankrupt from over-giving since her next book failed or whatever (the equivalent of an athlete getting cut). I'll still hold out hope for the Elizabeth Warren bankruptcy article. :)

    I think that quote is spot on. I'm going to hire a cleaning service so I don't stress out about it and (more importantly) so you don't stress out about it.

    What is p-bomb?

    ReplyDelete