Thursday, January 17, 2013

Responses!

Since you posted two in a row, I'll try to hammer out my responses first:

1. Why is there a national day of service?  Anyway, that's beside the point.  This sounds like a poorly conceived idea.  I'll just try to be a good person all year instead of when Obama (I feel like this is Obama's idea somehow) tells me to.

2. Those discrepancies in the Sandy Hook shooting story are not discrepancies, but rather oversights that are easily spotted when everybody in America is paying attention to the reporting of a story.  I will say, though, that #9 is just dumb.  I don't know what Mrs. Lanza could have done to prevent an adult who lived with her from accessing her weapons.  He was 20, not 2.

3. Did you write that article about the search for the perfect purse?  I get that the journey is more important than the destination, but I thought that was just for life stuff, not for buying goods.

4. Tuition.io seems like it might be helpful.  We'll see when my next payment comes in how useful it is, but I like the graphical representation better than what I see on Mint.  Also, I don't like the way Mint treats loan payments (I like to treat them as transfers to my loan account, but Mint doesn't totally agree except with respect to credit cards).  Anyway, I created an account, so I can show it to you at some point.

5. I'm still in need of an explanation for how Obama can unilaterally raise (or freeze) pay for Congressmen.

6. Obama's bill is such a waste of money.  I don't even have to narrow that down for the statement to be true.

7. Rick Perry was widely respected and highly thought of as a potential presidential candidate - that is, until he became a presidential candidate.

As much as I love football, stories like this one about Jason Taylor make me feel incredibly horrible.

The repair guy came early (it's a good thing I came early).  Upon examination, he determined that my couch is a piece of crap.  He took some pictures and said that he would file a report within 3 days.  He also said that it's not a guarantee that they won't try to fix it.  He suggested it would be a 3-4-hour job, but he also said that he has heard of 5-6-hour jobs being approved over simply replacing the couch.  I didn't pay that much for this couch, so the idea that someone spending 4 hours trying to fix it (and that includes new parts because the bottom of this thing is splinters) costs less than just giving me a new cheap couch is both hard to believe and somewhat depressing.

B

No comments:

Post a Comment